This tape is a series of news broadcasts from January 17-19, 1994, recorded from two radio stations in Philadelphia, PA. First was WRTI 90.1 FM, Temple Public Radio (known also then as “Jazz FM” since they played jazz 24 hours a day), and the second was the famous KYW 1060 AM (it’s still hard for me to listen to news without the AM buzz in the background).
These were recorded during the second half of my senior year of high school during a major ice storm that gripped the Philly metro area for several days. Below is an archive of news about the storm and other news of the time, including the attack on Nancy Kerrigan and a massive earthquake in Los Angeles.
Here’s what’s on this short tape:
- Ice Storm (1/17/94) – 90.1 FM
- Earthquake (1/17/94) – 1060 AM
- School Closings (1/18/94) – 1060 AM
- Cold Weather (1/19/94) – 90.1 FM
- State of Emergency, etc. (1/19/94) – 1060 AM